Solar powered bins
Smart, connected street waste solutions
The solar street bin has been designed and developed to save councils, local authorities, property management companies, college campuses and others on the total cost of their litter collection services.
The machine features a built-in compaction system which compresses or compacts litter as it is deposited in the bin, increasing the litter-holding capacity of the bin by a factor of x10. This means less collections are required, resulting in an overall reduction in bin servicing costs.
A cloud-based wireless monitoring system works together with a bin fill sensor to allow real-time monitoring of bin-fill levels and the operational status of the bin. The system compiles data from individual bins and generates focused collection routes for only those bins which requiring servicing – saving on time, cutting costs and reducing emissions.
- Compacts waste on site
- Reduces street litter waste volumes by up to 90%, saving on collection journeys and overall litter collection costs
- Bin-fill-level monitoring facilitates identification and collection of litter bins only when they require servicing
- Reacts to unplanned capacity demands, eliminates overflowing bins and associated costly emergency clean-ups
- Robust, heavy-duty and vandal-proof construction
- Available in 120-litre and 240-litre wheelie bin capacities with a litter bag option also available if required
- No running costs – solar energy drives the built-in compaction and communication capabilities
- Operated by a foot pedal, eliminating any hand hygiene concerns
- Customisation options possible